Today, my sister, Mary Dawson, flew in from Cincinnati. She came this far (without her peeps!) to be with us for John's baptism. We are thrilled that she will stand with John on Sunday as his godmother.
Upon her arrival, she, Susan, and Mom went out to lunch. When my boys asked why we weren't going, I explained that it was a girls only lunch. We would have a Mom and boys lunch at home. So instead of feasting on good food and great girl company, I fixed ham sandwiches for my little boys!
I have to share the highlights of a lunch with four boys...
1. I nursed John while we all ate. He gave me a few good burps. I told him, "good boy." A few minutes later, Daniel, who is always good for a laugh, lets out a loud burp. I ask, "What do you say?" His reply..."good boy?" How can I not laugh??
2. I turn to see William trying to drink his yogurt. I tell him that this behavior is inappropriate...we eat yogurt with a spoon. His reply..."aww, man." How can I not laugh?? This is his reply anytime I tell him not to do something that he wants to do. It is so precious!! I literally have to turn my head to prevent him from seeing me laugh when he says it!
3. The main highlight....mini ice cream cones for everyone! Father Mattew, Alice, and Preston brought them with dinner last night. Who needs fancy food when you have ice cream??
I won't lie to you...I could have used some adult conversation, but I'm glad for the good times at lunch today!
No comments:
Post a Comment