Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bath Time

When Philip was a baby, Chris would bathe him every night.  He was always fussy in the evenings and his bath was one thing that would calm him down.  We didn't skip a night and the baths would last up to twenty minutes!

As Daniel and then William arrived, baths for the baby became more difficult to fit into the schedule.  I had other children to bath and sometimes they didn't happen.  My thought was they weren't out in the yard getting hot and sweaty, so they could skip a night or two, right?

Enter John...and his harness.  For those of you who know me, I am a rule follower...almost to a fault.  When Dr. Robert's called for the harness, she told me he needed to wear it 24 hours a day.  The only time he could be out of it was for a bath.  Funny how one little glitch can change things. 




John gets a bath every day!  He loves the time to stretch his legs and kick them.  The bath is relaxing...he too gets cranky in the evenings.  Now I definitely do not have twenty minutes to devote to his bath, but we try to make it last.  The big boys love to help...William loves to be able to see John's feet (he gets very concerned that his feet are covered by the harness!).

I hope we can keep up his routine when the harness comes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment