Take today for instance. A few weeks ago, Chris mentioned the six of us attending "The Battle of the Bay"...a canoe and kayak race in the Mobile Delta. A pancake breakfast...a boat ride for the boys...some time together in the sunshine. Sounds lovely, right.
The reality was rain and lots of it. The race was still on which meant Daddy still had to take the Whaler to provide course assistance for the canoe/kayakers. Boy we must have looked funny headed down Springhill Avenue towing our boat in the pouring down rain.
We arrived and instead of all enjoying some time watching the race on the boat, Chris was off to launch the boat in the rain by himself.
![]() |
| Chris in the boat to the right of the orange bouy! |
I was left to watch four little boys! They had a blast and by the end I had given up on keeping them out of the rain. They left the Blue Gill almost as soaked as Daddy.
Not quite what I had imagined for the day, but all in all it sure was better than spending it house-bound here!






No comments:
Post a Comment