Friday night we celebrated Daniel's 5th birthday with family!
We had a fabulous dinner of grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, raw carrots, and salad....the menu was planned by the birthday boy. He even requested an ice cream cake. I've never made one, but it sure was easy and good!
The night was a good one...our last chance to entertain in our house for a few months!
Sweet Daniel, it is hard to believe you are five. I remember a visit to MD's when Morgan was born. I was newly pregnant with you. She had a picture on her refrigerator of two elephants...a momma and a baby. I asked about it. She told me that she read somewhere that elephants care for their babies for five years. It was her reminder of the importance of the first five years in a child's life. I have given you much over the past five years, but you have returned it all ten-fold.
You are my snuggler, my quiet spot, my sensitive soul. You have a deepness to you that seems well beyond your years. You have a temper and an inability to pick up after yourself. You are bright...basically taught yourself to read at four. You are you and that is what I love most of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment