Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Memories

If you have never visited our home during Christmas, you may not know that we keep a Christmas scrapbook.  In it, I record our memories of the Christmas season. 
 
Well, I have a bad habit.  Lots of years, I don't get the previous year completed until the next Christmas.  It's a problem because my memory is weak at that point.  Hence, the beauty of the blog.
 
So, for my sake, I wanted to add a few more of our Christmas memories!
 
First, gingerbread house.  We've never made one and I was convinced that this year we would do it from scratch.  I have some hilarious pictures, but I'll spare you our pathetic attempt.  The result was a gingerbread tent.
 
 
Looks aside, remember the point of making a gingerbread house is to eat a lot of candy spend time together, and I assure you friends we enjoyed ourselves!

We also made a trip to Bellingrath Gardens.  Daddy was busy at work, but the boys and I enjoyed Dee's company.  The big boys walked the whole way and never once complained.  John was a little bit of a hand-full...determined to touch each light display...but it was a good time!
 



Our vacation time together was good.  The first week was slow and perfect!!  Lots of time together which is what I love.  The first morning out we had hot chocolate for breakfast!  P's just a little bit excited!


I think that covers most of essentials that I left out earlier.  Christmas is now cleaned up here, and it is time to tackle 2013!!  Maybe, just maybe, I will get that Christmas scrapbook done before December!

No comments:

Post a Comment