Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, December 17, 2012

Today

Today I hugged you a little bit tighter as you got out of the car at school.  I know what happened last Friday; you do not.

Today I said more than my usual prayer for you.  I prayed for your safety at school...it never occured to me to do so before.

Today I prayed for your teachers. While I am confident each would protect you to the end, the thought of them doing so makes me sick.


Today as you cried that you didn't want to go to school because it was raining and there would be no playground time, I thought about those with no more playground time.

 
Today I thanked God for the gift of your life.  A gift that I certainly take for granted from time to time. 

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything with prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Phillipians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment