Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Is Everybody Ready??

You came down the stairs at 3:05.  Evaluations didn't start until 5:45.

You were wearing a grey t-shirt tucked into your grey shorts.  Black no show socks pulled up to your ankles.  Tennis shoes.  And a smile.



Your brother mentioned gently that you might want to untuck the shirt.  Thank God for big brothers.  He even offered to help you warm up.


But, I must backtrack.  Last week, I mentioned to Philip that Christ United Methodist Church had a summer flag football league.  I asked if he was interested.  He said yes...you did too.

I then, mistakenly  mentioned that you would be on a team in which you might not know anyone.  I couldn't stand with you and it might be a little scary.  I talked about commitment to a team and what that means.  (I only did this thinking you weren't quite ready for the adventure and was afraid you were committing to something you didn't know much about.)  You replied, "okay...when does it start.?"

Philip, on the other hand, got cold feet.  It was only with your encouragement that he reconsidered.

You rocked the evaluations and kept a smile on your face the whole time.  I think we are about to have a little fun!

This latest adventure into extracurricular activities has once again proven just how much you have grown up this year, sweet Daniel.  I have seen your self-confidence grow immensely and I love every minute of it.  Your Daddy and I are so proud of the boy you are growing into!  Keep up the good work.

*The title is something John screams in his car seat often.  I'm not sure where it came from!!

No comments:

Post a Comment