Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

Christmas Eve began like a normal day for us.  Dad went to work and the boys and I hung around getting things ready.  I did a little cooking...a chocolate cake for dessert that evening and quiches for Christmas day brunch.  Shortly before our early dinner, Aunt Susan, Uncle Rob, and Campbell stopped by to exchange presents!




We had a delicious dinner of filets, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus.  After dinner, we got ready for church.

I never quite finished attaching the boxwood trimmings to my new Advent wreath!!
can you tell someone is exhausted??


Despite the excitement, the boys behaved well during the service.  William helped Chris usher, and Philip and Daniel assisted Father Bailey in his sermon by holding up some signs.  John slept (and snored quite loudly) through the majority of the service!

At last, it is time to head home and have dessert!!



Gingerbread cookies for Santa and reindeer food for his helpers!



And now time for little boys to dream about what Santa may bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment