Elizabeth and David were gracious hosts to our rowdy crew! Our boys love their house....beautiful, wooded backyard, Xbox, and a extra large television! Their house provided our home base for the weekend. Chris and I were happy with the lower humidity and loved hanging out with baby Bru!
It's always good to see this man relaxed...especially with BunBun in his lap!
Our first excursion was the College Football Hall of Fame. This place is incredible. You immediately log in with your name, email address, and favorite team. Then the whole place is interactive. For example, you walk into a room with this large touch screen on the wall....
And it knows your name and team....
Throughout the place there are different activities...all geared to your team and most emailed to your account...I'll just share a few...
Learning how plays work...Philip could have stayed here all day!
Singing the fight song, karaoke style!
Game day predictions...
Calling the plays of the game...
After all of this football fun, it only seemed appropriate that we take the boys to the Varsity. It was packed, and I almost considered changing course, but thankfully the line moved quickly. Not sure we are racing to go back, but we can say we have done this tourist lunch!
The rest of the weekend was fairly low key. On Sunday, I enjoyed going to Elizabeth and David's new church where Bru will be baptized in a few weeks. Bru was an angel through the whole service! That afternoon, Elizabeth and I spent several hours at Restoration Hardware searching out new furniture for my living room. While I did that, Chris took our boys on a little adventure down by the Chattahoochee River.
Monday morning brought a trip to see Dr. Schrader. Philip's bone continues to grow slowly. Dr. Schrader continues to believe his hip will be great when the growth is done. He even allowed Philip to take on a sport in the fall! We will see how that goes, but needless to say we have a happy little boy who after two years needs to be reminded that we don't run in the house!!!
After the doctor's visit, we headed home! A great weekend away...great time together as a family!
No comments:
Post a Comment