Caroline and three of her four joined the boys and me for the first part of our trip. Our kids had a blast...playing on the beach, swimming in the pool, and making hundreds of Perler bead creations! Caroline and I had a great time staying up late talking and just getting to spend so much time together. It was truly a treat!
| that is a lot of boys!!! |
Before Caroline left on Friday, Elizabeth and her crew came in for a short visit. I didn't get too many pictures, but I loved seeing her little people. Jack and John loved playing Legos together!
It was just the boys and me Friday afternoon. We stayed in the condo and enjoyed a strong thunderstorm out in the Gulf. Everyone was glad to see this guy when they woke the next morning!
We enjoyed a day of the typical...boating, tubing, fishing, and pool!
On Sunday, we met up with the McElvy and Trimm crew...more old friends from our college days. We had a blast swimming and playing with these two families. Jonathan cooked us all a delicious shrimp boil that evening. Tons of fun with people we just don't see enough!
| again...that's a lot of boys! |
Monday brought an all morning long tubing adventure. Philip and William wore the tube out, John loved tubing with Dad, and Daniel finally got on and enjoyed tubing with me! We finished up with lunch at Pirate's Cove.
That evening we hit the beach in the early evening for my mandatory beach picture....
and then a little baseball!
The McElvy and Trimm crew came over to our place on Tuesday for even more tubing and dinner. I don't think I got a single picture from that day, though! Too busy having fun!
By Wednesday, we were wearing out. The boys sweet faces were breaking out from too much sunscreen use, so we headed over to the Naval Museum for a little adventure. I think the boys loved the outing!
Our time was up on Thursday. While we hated to leave, I think we were all ready to head back home. It was the longest I have stayed at the beach with children, and we had so much fun. Thankful for the memories that we get to make there!
No comments:
Post a Comment