Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Eight!!

Daniel turned 8!! on Monday.

I think I have said before that these summer birthdays can be hard.  No time for Mom to shop alone.  On Saturday, he and I headed to the Farmer's Market together so Dad and the others could do some birthday shopping.  Daniel remembered doing the same thing the year before...especially me getting him a pink lemonade.  I guess a tradition has begun!


Monday evening we celebrated with family. 

 
The usual dinner...baked chicken, roasted potatoes, peas and salad...all his choice.  A football cake.

 


Birthday video and presents.


 
On Wednesday, we had five friends over for playing in the yard, Legos, pizza, and cake!  I will admit the party had a slow start.  Daniel struggled at first with the different personalities of his friends and how to be a good host to everyone when everyone wanted to do something different!  To make matters worse, a thunderstorm rolled in keeping them from playing football.  Eventually, they all settled in and when the rain stopped basketball saved the day!

 
 
Sweet boy!  Hope you had a great day!!  Your smile in these pictures leads me to believe you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment