Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Monday, February 15, 2010

APB

We have an APB out for our special friend...Baba. Baba is a blue dog lovee...blanket part is blue with white dots...one ear is torn from too much rubbing. Here's a picture of him with his owner...
There is a reward...one very happy boy.

Baba is Daniel's special friend that goes pretty much everywhere with him. He sleeps with him, takes him to school, and basically asks for him whenever he is sleepy or in need of reassurance.

Well, yesterday, Baba disappeared. We were playing outside and honestly have no idea what happened to him. Daniel is notorious for leaving him in strange places, but we have looked everywhere. Chris wonders if he picked him up, put him on top of the car, and then drove off. I actually got in the car at 8:30 last night and drove around looking for him on the streets.

Daniel is taking it well. We don't talk about it, but if he askes I simply say that he is missing and encourage him to get "Lola" his stuffed dog.

I'm not taking it so well. I knew that one day we would outgrow Baba, but I love seeing Daniel with him. Daniel is growing up to fast and the sight of him sucking his thumb and rubbing Baba's ear reminds me that he is still a baby. I also don't like thinking about Baba outside on the streets in the cold rain.

Maybe he'll show up...maybe not. If you see him, please call!

1 comment: