I took the boys to the Ashland Place Preschool parade last week. Daniel was timid at first but soon realized that these paraders were his size. They loved seeing their friends parading!
Last Friday, Chris and I went to the Dragon's. I wondered what the boys would think of Daddy in his costume. Philip said he looked like a "dragon"...ever the realist. Daniel said that he looked "cool." No comment on that...
We had a good time at the ball. Susan, Rob, Norman, and Louisa went as our guests and it was fun to have some adult time with both couples!
Saturday night we took the boys to a parade in Fairhope. The parades there are great because there are simply less people. We also like it because we have HA's Fairhope office to go inside for bathroom breaks. We caught the parade twice...once at Susan's Fairhope office and once at HA's office. Great since Daniel is still scared of the parades. Chris and Philip watched...Philip loved it! I don't have any pictures...we were running late and had our hands full with all three boys...no room for a camera!!
In the meantime around the house, we've been doing a little celebrating too. We made lots of different masks which the boys loved. We used different templates and then either painted or glued our cutting practice scraps to it. When we finished I hung them from our dining room chandelier.
We had several parades of our own...some outside and some from the top landing of our staircase...
We did a little cooking too...a king cake...actually, two of them...one for us and one to add to our Mardi Gras package we sent to our cousins up north....
Daniel helped...
Also, have to add a picture of the shirt I made for Philip. It turned out so cute except that the "Philip" leans a little...oh well...I'll do better next year!!
We are headed downtown again today with Aunt Elizabeth for the Floral Parade. I will try to catch a few shots to share. Tomorrow is actually Mardi Gras day, but we will be staying at home. We are all trying to recover from a trip to Tuscaloosa...more on that later!
No comments:
Post a Comment