Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuscaloosa

Our trip to Tuscaloosa last weekend started out interesting. It snowed in Mobile Friday morning for the first time since 1996. The boys got dressed and went out to play in it...

Philip loved it.
Daniel and William weren't too impressed.



All in all, I don't think they grasped how rare snow is in Mobile. As we drove up to Tuscaloosa, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground. Chris and I repeatedly commented on how beautiful it was and really the boys just seemed indifferent.

When we safely arrived in T-town, we were greeted by Meme and Neilson. They seemed genuinely happy to see us and happy that we were off the roads. After a great dinner and lots of loving by Meme, the boys were off to bed.

We ventured out into the cold on Saturday morning. We parked on campus and gave the boys a walking tour of the University. We stopped at the library...


Denny chimes...
the KD house...
and at the stadium...

and finally the Supe store to purchase new t-shirts! Everyone held up well, but like the snow it was clear that this was more fun for Mom and Dad.

After lunch, we returned to Meme and Neilson's house to put William down for his nap. Daniel looked at me and told me, "Mama, I bery tyrd. I take nap at Meme's?" I couldn't resist...love that he recognizes when he is sleepy and knows what he should do about it. I put William down and Meme put Daniel down.

So, Philip, Chris, and I headed out for the basketball game. We first stopped at the Bryant Museum. Philip later said that this was his favorite part. Here he is with the Bear....

and at the game with Daddy...

The game was fun. Philip did great until a little after halftime. He then asked if we could go! So we headed back to check on the boys. Another great dinner, bedtime stories with Meme...
and off to bed. It was a great trip. Chris and I loved being back in Tuscaloosa and reminiscing. I think the boys truly enjoyed just being with Meme. She is one of those people that is just dripping with love. It is in her every word, movement, action. The boys loved her; she gets on their level. She is constantly talking and singing to them...constantly reminding them how wonderful they are.

When we pulled into our driveway, Daniel cried. He asked to go back to Meme's. That's saying a lot of for my little homebody!
Thanks Meme and Neilson for opening up your home to our wild and crazy family of five. You are such gracious hosts and such wonderful people. We are truly blessed to have the strong bond of family between us. We hope you'll visit us in Mobile soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment