Love how they consulted each other. Some mornings I wake up and know the karma isn't there. I can tell the boys are going to fuss at each other most of the day. Those days call for some getting out of the house time. Yesterday, though, I could tell they would get along.
We started with some housework. While I changed sheets and started laundry, the boys played Legos. Have you read about our obsession with these??
Give a beginning cutter one strip with small lines. Help them hold the scissors in place over each small line and teach them..."open, close". I did this with Daniel...
With Philip, I simply give him a block with horizontal and vertical lines and have him cut. The point is he can cut like us...successive open and close. Those first learning should do one snip at a time.
Then we used the scraps to make some Valentine's hearts for someone special...(you may notice the scraps are actually Mardi Gras colors, not Valentines...more on that in another post!)
About the time we finished up, William was awake and the boys were in desperate need of this...
After naps, we headed back to the kitchen to decorate (and eat) our cookies...
William did not like that he didn't get a cookie. I tried giving him some puffs for a treat, but he decided to go for the sprinkles instead.
When I took the sprinkles away, Daniel, who is always so willing to share, broke off a bite of his cookie and gave it to William. Although he's only nine months old, I couldn't take it away when his sweet brother gave it to him!
and we finished up our birthday card for someone special (hope you're not reading, Aunt Elizabeth)...
The day was fun but truly wore me out! When Chris got home, I was on the verge of meltdown until I saw he brought me this...
The man knows the way to my heart! Busy weekend ahead...a Mardi Gras post coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment