to tell you about all the fun we have had in the past week?? There's so much to recap!
First, the trip up to Cincinnati. We pulled out of Mobile around 5:30 am. We had a long day ahead. It would be 9:30 pm before we were officially off the road and in Cincinnati. The boys were fabulous. Maybe it was the borrowed DVD player, or the last minute car seat swap to take William out of his bucket-seat, or even still the layover in Chattanooga where we forced the boys to walk, play on the playground, and get much needed sunshine. Whatever it was, we remarkably arrived safe and with every bit of our sanity in tact.
Saturday morning started with Merrill and Morgan's soccer game...so much fun to watch them play. Then we headed over to the Watson's to visit. The boys loved their yard and playroom in the basement. I hardly saw them whenever we were there. We picniced and then said goodbye to Daddy and Philip who went to see the Reds/Cubs game. Here's Philip in their incredible seats behind home plate...thanks Morgan!

Saturday night ended with a fabulous barbecue cookout at the Watson's. We enjoyed the company of Morgan's mother and his brother's family. Morgan is quite the cook. All of his meals left me feeling like this...
Sunday brought the reason for our trip. We headed to the church for Russell's baptism. My boys were clearly outnumbered in their lace outfits, but they and their cousins made a good looking bunch.
I'm happy to report that Russell (and his godfather, Chris) did great! Russell is quite the wiggler, and I think he gave the minister a run for his money! It meant a lot to me to be there as Russell officially became one of God's own.
Another fabulous meal Sunday...brunch with family and some of MD's friends. I loved meeting some of the people that are close to her! Naps for everyone...leftovers for dinner...ice cream at the local place for dessert. Do you notice a theme???
On Monday, we tackled the Cincinnati Zoo with six little people. The flowers were in bloom...absolutely gorgeous.

The animals were pretty cool too!
The sun wore us all out, so more naps and then a trip to the Lego Store! The boys had been looking forward to this part of the trip since we mentioned it. We told them they could pick out one thing each...so we have entertainment upon our arrival home!
Another cookout...hamburgers...more visiting. On Tuesday, we said our goodbyes and after a brief trip to a great playground on the river (to wear the kids out), we headed to Nashville. We are here now awaiting the last leg of the trip tomorrow.
So there's the play by play...what did I leave out?? First, Chris and I really liked Cincinnati. I loved seeing where MD and family live, worship, go to school, etc. I loved meeting some of their really nice friends. I loved seeing their sweet children that are growing so fast. I loved watching the cousins play together and form those relationships that are priceless. I got so tickled when Merrill asked Philip if he liked playing with GranGran. He said, "I do." And then, "How do you know GranGran?" I loved sitting in the basement with MD and discussing the trials and joys of raising three children. I loved eating Morgan's good cooking. I loved holding Russell and realizing how big my "baby" has gotten.
From another angle, though, I loved the time with my own family. I loved us all venturing out together in one tight little car. I loved listening to Daniel sing "God is bigger than the boogeyman." I loved the time to talk to Chris (again thank you portable DVD player)...time to analyze things, dream dreams, etc. I loved watching Philip tell me all about watching his beloved Cubbies. I loved laying in bed in the hotel room and knowing the four people I love most in this world were within arms reach.
Chris and I are both naturally homebodies. I think we both learned that when forced out of our shell, we really have a good time. We made a promise to plan another family trip again soon!
As for MD and Morgan...thank you for your hospitality. You fed us well (I think I gained 5 pounds)! We loved being with you and look forward to your venture home in a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment