Here's the top ten things I have learned from our trip to Cincinnati. I am actually blogging from the hotel, so maybe there is more to learn! I have no pictures for this post because I can not download on this computer. I'll give a detailed post when we return!
10. The portable DVD player may be the greatest invention ever made.
9. A single hotel room is not made for a family of five.
8. You can take a boy (Morgan) out of the south, but you can not take the Southern cooking out of the boy.
7. Watching a 5 year old, 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, 1 year old, and 1/2 year old play together is a fabulous study in child development.
6. "God is bigger than the boogeyman." (I have learned this via one of the boys' VeggieTales songs.)
5. Living in the same place for nearly all your life is safe, but moving 700 miles away and setting up roots in a new town is exciting.
4. There are great cities that are above the Mason-Dixon line.
3. It is hard for two lifetime Episcopalians to worship in a relaxed Methodist style!
2. Children usually rise to the occasion and surprise you! (We had a fabulous 16 hour trip up here!)
1. A baby's baptism is one of the most exciting occasions and time with your sister and her family is worth all the fits that come with disrupting normal life for three little boys.
Can't wait to hear all of the details - love your list!
ReplyDelete