Today we celebrated! It started with the first of many singings of "Happy Birthday to You" by Daniel and me when William woke up. Then we fixed him blueberry muffins...with a candle.
The boys and I spent the morning watching all three's first year video. I make a birthday video each birthday for each child. So before school, we watched and reminisced on Philip, Daniel, and William's first year of life.
The big boys were off to school...me off to cook dinner...William off to nap! I feel as if I spent the day in the kitchen, but that's okay.
GranGran, PopPop, Dee, PawPaw, Aunt Susan, and Uncle Rob came to celebrate with us. We ate hamburgers and visited...
Sang "Happy Birthday" one more time and ate caterpillar cake (Philip and Daniel decided on the theme)... Watched the birthday video...
And opened presents...
It was tons of fun to celebrate a fast, but wonderful year. We feel so blessed to have family around to celebrate with!
William, you are a precious soul...an easy baby with an adorable personality. You love buttons, cords, and all sorts of things that can get you into trouble. You are loved on immensely by your older brother, Daniel, and disciplined, I mean, protected well by your other brother, Philip. Love is one thing you do not want for.
You crawl through the house finding objects to pull up on...practicing what it feels like to live on two feet. You have no teeth but eat anything we put in front of you...and some things we don't intend for you to eat! You have become quite a thumb sucker. You rarely cry. You hold your own sippy cup and like to drink water, juice, and milk. Your smile is infectious...especially when you crinkle up that little nose.
You are a joy to parent. A quiet spot for me when your older brothers are acting wild. I look forward to watching you grow into the boy and then man God has intended you to be. Happy Birthday, my son!
No comments:
Post a Comment