With the three older boys in school now, there's lots of time at home with Big Boy. He's so much fun and so exhausting at the same time.
We are struggling to find our new routine. Nap time is harder to come by. We are trying to sleep in the middle of the day (which leaves little time to run errands for me but quiet time in my house which is nice too), but it makes the afternoons long. John's pretty flexible though and is rarely fussy...quite the blessing.
He has turned into quite the climber these days. Leave him alone for a moment and he will be on top of something. I find him on chairs, the dining room table, and on beds. I've never had a climber before so this is new to me!
John's favorite thing to do is to help himself (and his brothers) to food from the pantry. He climbs right on up and throws down whatever he wants. I put a rubberband on the knobs to prevent his entry but he quickly snapped it into two. Five rubberbands seem to be doing the trick these days!
Even when he is in mischief, he's such a cutie that it is hard to get on to him! I have to remind myself daily that he is old enough for discipline and that yes he does understand what I am telling him! I'm trying to cherish these days of toddler-hood since they will be my last.
UPDATE: About thirty minutes after posting this, I went to the kitchen to start a load of laundry. Big Boy was in his bedroom. After getting my load started (2 minutes max), I return to find him in my bathroom like this. (It's dental floss in case you are wondering...)
I know some of my dear readers will be concerned about the dental floss potentially wrapping around his neck. I assure you Big Boy is never left unattended for long!
No comments:
Post a Comment