Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Closing Weekend

And so another hunting season has come and gone for the Gill family.  I can't say I'm sorry to see it go, but I will say we had a good time.

 
In November, the boys and I are always excited to get up to the camp with Chris.  I can relax and everyone has a good time.  December is busy and trips aren't frequent.  Then there's January.  Chris goes every weekend...usually with a boy or three along.  By the time the season closes, I'm ready for some normalcy!

Daddy has some big shoes to fill!
I do love the memories that we make there.  I love seeing my boys in the outdoors...playing, exploring, and rarely hunting!  It seems William is the only one really interested in the actual hunting part.

William and Daniel with Phyllis...the cat named for PawPaw by camp members
 
This weekend Philip and Daniel chose to stay with me each time Chris and William went out.  Once while another member was cleaning a deer, Daniel said to me with tears in his eyes, "Mama, deer are just too pretty to shoot."  Philip then questioned how hunting even got started.  As I talked about hunting for food, Daniel said, "I like the meat.  I just wish we could buy it at the market."



the boys terrified of Daddy's New Year's Eve fireworks!

Thankfully, Chris doesn't put pressure on anyone to hunt and equally thankfully he has William who loves all things hunting!


Everyone has a favorite part about the camp, but John's right now is the tractors.  (Not ironic that each boy has loved this part at his age!)  All day, he'd say to me, "ride tractor, ride tractor."  Here's a cute clip of my up-and-coming country music star...


So goodbye hunting season...goodbye cramped trailer.  See you in November!!

1 comment:

  1. Cameron and I are both cracking up at the video of Daniel!

    ReplyDelete