Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Saturday, January 19, 2013

While the Cat's Away...

Trust me these mice have played!  Daddy is enjoying a weekend in the woods alone.  So the boys and I are enjoying some time to break bend the rules a bit and have some fun!  There were a few tears when he left...


We started with ice cream after school.  Moon Pie ice cream for all.


Friday night was homemade pizza night.  I used a new recipe for the dough and it was delish!  The boys at it up.  Susan and Campbell join us and visited for awhile after the boys went to bed.


Saturday night started early.  William and John joined me for snuggles...then we headed downstairs.  I went to bed with my sink looking like this (a Daddy no-no)...


so I started washing.  I had promised Daniel that I would wait on him for breakfast.  See he requested demanded chocolate muffins for breakfast.  I spent the week looking for a recipe that satisfied his requirements while also being breakfast worthy.  I found this and we loved it! 


I'm glad everyone participated in the cooking because they got to see the healthy ingredients and hopefully draw the conclusion that healthy can taste good!


There may have been a dance party that got a little out of control...


Then off to a birthday party.  Only the Davidson's would give a bunch of boys plates of shaving cream...

 
On the way home, we drove by the church.  I had to stop and snap this shot.  Made me smile!!!

 

After some quiet nap time for John, we headed outside for our new favorite game...Tackle Tag.  A little violent, maybe, but boy do these boys love it!  It definitely gets the energy out.

A few stories and Lego building and before you know it, it's time for MOVIE NIGHT!!  Complete with popcorn and lots of candy. (C, your popcorn directions were awesome!!  So easy!)

 


We watched Peter Pan.  Well, I say "we".  John did a lot of this during the movie!

 
The movie was great...perfect for my guys.  Daniel (my homebody!) was so worried about whether Wendy, Michael, and John were going to make it back home.  He asked me every 5 minutes!


Tomorrow it's back to the real world.  We've got church, Sunday School, and lots of laundry/housework to do.  And that other guy that lives here returns home. 

I hope the boys have enjoyed our time together this weekend as much as I have!  Fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an awesome mama and I'm so thankful to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete