Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Sad Goodbye

Today is the day before school starts.  Instead of spending it enjoying time off with my boys, I cleaned.  The house was a post-Christmas mess, and I had lots of people coming over.
 
 

William and I hosted his teachers and classmates from Trinity for a last goodbye.  I strongly felt that he needed a chance to say goodbye...to get some closure.  Because the last time he saw his teachers and friends, he thought they would be together again.  Unfortunately, they will not.

Trinity Children's Center has closed its doors indefinitely.  My sweet boy will be headed to Westminister which thankfully feels pretty close to home too.  The director made room for him and his friend, Claire.  I'm glad they've got each other and I'm glad that he and I know his "new" school so well.  The transition couldn't be easier.

But goodbye is hard.  As Ms. Donna hugged him goodbye this afternoon, I got teary.  She has loved on my boy for two years now and to be honest, it's hard to imagine school without her.

 
 
But life's about transitions, so here we go.  A new school for a new year.  Wish us luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment