These two started today.
PK-4 for William...
and Mom's Day Out for John. A first school experience for this guy.
The morning couldn't have been more fitting for this mom of four. I got up early...fixed their back-to-school breakfast of choice...banana nut muffins and smoothies...fixed four lunches. As I went to pack said lunches, I realized that I never bought John a lunch box. Drop two off at SPS, head home for a quick shower, and head to Target to get sweet baby John his very own lunch box.
William was excited...John was crying, "no go to school."
Then we get there. William is clinging to me...a little nervous...but does okay. John walks in his classroom happily with a look of "I got this" on his baby face!
So what did this mama do with four hours of peace and quiet? Some work at the church. Some work at home. An errand with GranGran and then lunch. Sweet GranGran has been my impromptu Mom's Day Out for almost eight years. She's been my extra set of hands and adult conversation at Chick-Fil-A. I'm not sure I could have made it to this point in motherhood without her.
But we've made it and we had to celebrate! I treated her to lunch at Little House Midtown...a far cry from Chick-Fil-A. We had a delicious salad, but as lunch was ending, sweet GranGran said, "I miss the boys." And like that it was time to get them. All reports were good! Growing up too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment