Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Beat This Summer

Summer is ending and I'm getting a little nostalgic.  Yes, we have had our moments and I don't think this house has been properly cleaned in months...but I have enjoyed the uninterrupted time with my sweet boys.


In keeping with last year's post, I hope I'll always remember...

  • Legos, legos, and more legos.  Somedays all they did.
  • flag football...practice and games...many nights spent driving to CUMC...the smiles on Philip and Daniel's face when they played the game...the frustration of their younger brothers whose sleep was cut short!
  • reading...loads of books...Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...and the usuals...Curious George especially...knowing if I was reading to one, the others would find their way to my lap
  • a new interest in superheros for William...Batman especially
  • bike rides...the realization that three can ride independently...getting big too fast
  • potty training...no more diapers...and the humor a six and seven year old showed with all the potty words and nudity around here
  • an almost week at the beach...with Daddy...uninterrupted time together
  • trips to the grocery store (or anywhere) with all four...all the comments...you have your hands full...no girls?...etc.
  • trips to visit Dee in the hospital and trying desperately to get four to behave there...fights over who gets to push the elevator buttons
  • a trip to Lake Martin and all out, day long fun...the elephant that stole the show...the megladon cake...William taking his job of docking the "boat" seriously
  • a diagnosis...watching my boys shine during some tough days
  • braces...how did that happen so fast??
  • middle of the night snuggles with JohnJohn...frustration from his Mama and yet loving his sweet self in the middle of the night
  • our garden...the produce it provided...the fun of watering it and tending to it
  • lunches out with GranGran and sometimes Susan and Campbell
  • Daniel making his own PB&J sandwiches...both big boys fixing their own drinks...independence!!
  • our first sleepover with the Davidson peeps
  • there must be more....

Such a joy to be a mom!  Wonderful memories with four sweet boys.  School here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment