Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Clean Plate Club

I am not a fan of the clean plate club...never have been. I believe that children have an innate ability to only eat what they need. Asking them to clean their plate, overrides that ability.

So when Philip came home from school in January announcing Ms. Pat's new "clean plate club," I frowned to myself. He explained that each student gets a sticker on a sheet for each plate they clean.

He was excited, so I tried to not rain on his parade. I think I said something like, "That's cool, but it's okay to just eat what you feel like." We didn't really talk about it anymore after that.

Until today. He came home with this...

Can you see it?? It is an autographed Alabama football by none other than Julio Jones. Yes, Julio Jones...#8 for the National Championship Crimson Tide. The same young man that Philip loves...wears his jersey daily.

Why did he get it?? Seems he had the most stickers at the end of the year for the "Clean Plate Club."

Good thing I didn't squash the idea too hard last January! Roll Tide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment