Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring Sewing

I had a period of about 10 days when I really produced some clothes for the boys. It always seems to work like that. I can give one to two weeks of spending all my free time on sewing. After that, I am burnt out and the little things that have been neglected need tending to...things like paying bills, non-essential laundry, etc...

So what did I accomplish in those ten days...

First, a caterpillar bubble for William's first birthday.


A t-shirt and bubble swim suit for William's first trip to the beach. I made up my own pattern for his shorts and LOVE it. I am not a fan of boy's store bought bathing suits. They generally go down to my boy's mid-shin and simply are not attractive. I loved the idea of bubble shorts for a baby with some good looking thighs.



I finally finished the monkey smocked shirt for Daniel. It has been a long time coming. I think I started it last fall. I had already made pants for it, but seeing that the days are now in the low 90s I had a buy more fabric for shorts! He loves the cargo pockets that I put on them!
A linen church outfit for Philip. I saw a picture in PBJK a few months ago of a ring bearer wearing this and thought it was adorable. I am always on the lookout for church clothes for him, so I had to make it! I love the shorts on this pattern...wasn't really crazy about the raglan sleeves on the shirt though.
Finally, there were two baby gifts...one for an associate in Chris' firm and one for baby Sarah, our close friend's new cousin!

Whew...there's so much left to do. I am busy smocking some sea turtles that picky dresser Daniel picked out. I have three matching bathing suits on my sewing table waiting to be finished. Lots of other projects on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment