Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where did the time go??

And why do I not have a picture of his very first day at Trinity??? Here's other first days...

August 2007



August 2008
August 2009
Tomorrow is Philip's last day of school at Trinity Church's Children's Center. I don't know where the time has gone. Philip started in the Mother's Day Out program in August of 2006. He was 10 months old and went once a week. He's been there for four years and for the most part he has loved it!

Miss Kelley was his lead teacher for the first three years. They had a special bond that began when Philip was 3 months old and we began putting him in the church nursery. Kelley commented to me the other day on how much she misses Philip since he left her class and sits through church too!

This year with Mrs. Pat has been a great one for him. He loved going to school and really liked being with her. I could tell the feeling was mutual!


In his four years, he has learned a lot. Not so much academics...I wouldn't really say that is Trinity's strength...thankfully, we work on that at home! However, at school, he has learned that...
  • Mom may leave him, but she will always come back
  • sharing with others is a necessity for survival
  • there are people other than his family that truly care about him
  • learning is fun
  • teachers are people that you trust, respect, and listen to just as you do a parent
  • God and Jesus are topics of discussion outside of home and church
  • so many other life lessons that I hope he'll always carry with him
He's made some great friends...Mary and Pape especially. We'll miss them both next year! His friends have led to new ones for me too, and for that I am grateful. I hope that all of our friendships will continue as we venture on to different schools.

Daniel too has had a good year. It started out rough. When we began in August, he was newly potty-trained and dealing with not having Philip around in his classroom. He adjusted and though, I would not say he loves going, he does go without tears these days! Here he is on his first day this year...


Daniel too will leave Ms. Kelley to head to Ms. Pat's PK-3 class. I think the transition will be a good one for him as Ms. Pat seems to be fond of him too!


Hello, summer! We are ready for the ability to relax and not have a schedule to attend to!! I'll be back with an end of the year wrap up!

No comments:

Post a Comment