Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I have a problem...

It's an addiction of sorts. It drives my husband quite batty sometimes. I'm sure it makes some of my friends giggle behind my back. I know that the road to recovery begins with recognition of the addiction, so I am here on the world wide web to declare it.

I LOVE TO SEE MY BOYS IN COORDINATING OUTFITS!

It really does bring a smile to my face. I have no idea why. I don't usually dress them exactly alike...just same fabrics...same theme in smocking or applique. I've done it to Philip and Daniel since Daniel was born. I sometimes can't sleep at night because I'm dreaming up new coordinating clothes for them. Okay, enough confessing...I'm starting to sound a little crazy.


So anyways, I whipped up these pair of shorts for Philip out of scrap material. I bought a plain polo shirt and embroidered the crab on it. All of this was done to match two smocked outfits that I made for Philip and Daniel two years ago. I have to say that they looked pretty cute at the church picnic today!

We had a great weekend despite Chris' absence for the majority of it. We all enjoyed a fabulous meal Friday night. So nice to all eat together...no meetings for Mom or Dad! Chris had a work committment pretty much all day Saturday, so the boys and I headed to Walmart to buy a new "baby" pool!

It took me 2 hours to blow up 1/3 of it, but all three of them had a blast. Even our 11 year old neighbors joined in the fun! We pushed the pool up to the slide which resulted in some good times.

Even I tried it out...my bottom skidded the bottom of the pool and landed in the grass along with half of the pool water! Glad there are no pictures to share!

Saturday afternoon brought a wedding and then dinner with Chris and Caroline! So fun to catch up without the kiddies around...a rarity!

The church picnic today was great fun! The boys loved the jumpie...

and the food was great!

It was hot...good thing Philip brought his hat!
Chris made a run to Walmart and surprised the boys with this...

We have plenty leftover, so stay tuned for our watermelon popsicles! More time in the pool and then early to bed for everyone!

I have to tell the truth....I'm off to sew some coordinating bathing suits...we have a pool party on Tuesday and let's just say Daniel's hand-me-down bathing suit is just a little too big...

No comments:

Post a Comment