WARNING: This one is picture heavy...sorry, I couldn't help myself!!
Well, it's official...summer is here. Yea, yea, I know...summer doesn't start until late June, but in Mobile it's summer. The boys are out of school and it is HOT!
Our end of the year parties started last Saturday. Daniel got invited to an end of the year splash at his classmate, Sydney's, house. They had a jumpie and an inflatable water slide. They had bubbles, water guns, snow cones, chicken nuggets, pizza, juice boxes, fresh lemonade, etc. A little boy's dream!
Daniel had a good time, but he stayed pretty close to Mom the whole afternoon. I was excited to go and have this time with Daniel and his classmates. I know Philip's classmates and their parents pretty well and simply did not feel that way about Daniel's, so it was good to have the time to introduce myself!
As mentioned earlier, Daniel has a little fear of water, so he did not get on the inflatable slide. He did have a good time jumping and shooting the water gun! I think he missed Philip, but it was good to force him to socialize without big brother!
On Wednesday, the boys both had their official end of the year party. The parents got a jumpie for the kids to enjoy!
I started in Philip's classroom visiting while they ate their lunch.
Then, William and I picnicked outside and helped the control the jumpie. Daniel came out for a jump first. He seemed a little hesitant at first, but eventually he and Cam got the hang of it!
We then enjoyed a picnic with Daniel's class.
When Daniel wasn't looking, William snuck over and stole this off of his plate....
Next Philip came out to jump. Daniel had to get back in and join him...
William did not have to want for company...he had Charles and Mia to keep him busy!
Of course, the highlight was a special visit from Daddy!
It was a great day and I was so happy to sit outside and be there with the boys. I missed the capital campaign final report that I desparately wanted to hear, but I felt that being with the boys was more important (and fun).
Unable to let the real last day go unnoticed, I invited Philip's class to join us at Midtown playground for an ice cream sandwich and a little running around time. We had a blast.
Philip and Daniel enjoyed their ice cream sandwiches. They did a fairly good job at not making a mess.
On their first attempts at least. The second sandwich (that another parent gave them!!) did not go so well for Daniel...
Of course, William had to partake too...
Boy will we miss this group next year!
We promised to get together before the summer is up to have a little reunion!
No comments:
Post a Comment