Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Posititve Peer Pressure

We had a great day yesterday as we all headed to Fowl River for a pool party. Madison, one of Philip's classmates, invited us. Her grandparents live on the river and have a beautiful home and very relaxing salt water pool.

The boys had a great time swimming. It was William's first time in a pool and he loved it! He really wanted me to let go of him...he was sure he could swim!


Philip watched Madison swim all over the pool and decided that he might want to give up the noodle. Within ten minutes, he was joining her swimming all over the place!

Daniel realized that the fun was happening in the pool...not outside of it. I forced him to get in a try it, but told him that he could get out immediately if he didn't like it. He did like it and he quickly loosened up the death grip. He asked over and over again to get in and "swim." Really, he just let me hold his stomach while he kicked. Major progress from our beach trip a few weeks ago!

Have to include a picture of his new bathing suit. I can't say that I finally figured out the lining on the inside, but it worked. I still have some work to do before I "mass produce" them for the boys.


We had a picnic lunch with everyone else...(check out the beautiful view!)


and then swam some more. Philip, Daniel, and William definitely helped balance the gender ratio since it was us and four little girls. Here's Philip with his classmates: Claire, Madison, and Mary.

We had such a good time. The little boys fell asleep on the way home and even let me transfer them to bed!! Again, yea summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bathing suits ~ I might do a little copying if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete