Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Movie Night!

In case you didn't know, this weekend was "opening weekend" for deer hunting season.  That meant me and the boys...alone...all weekend!!

There was a time (before children) when I would cry as Chris left for the camp.  The house was so lonely without him.  Not so lonely anymore!!  Then when Philip and then Daniel came along it was hard in a different way.  I felt like the weekend was my break from laying on the floor and playing trains, reading books, and talking to babies, and it was hard to not have Chris around to provide that relief.

Now it doesn't bother me quite as much.  I love weekends now because I get to spend more time with Philip and Daniel since they now go to school five days a week.  There's so many fun things to do with them and their younger brothers.  I am thrilled to not have to get up, get dressed, and be out the door at 7:20 with four kids in tow.  Weekends are refreshing...with or without Daddy.

But without him, we have to cook up some fun for us.  Saturday night, I invited Dee and Aunt Heather to come to our first "movie night."  The boys and I went to the library and picked out a movie.  We ordered pizza and got things started early!

  
It was a great night...tons of fun.  Philip and Daniel watched intently and followed the plot well. 


William watched a little...


and worked the crowd a lot!


We had such a good time.  Thanks Dee and Aunt Heather for making it special (and for helping even out the gender ratio!).  I'm hopeful that one day when the boys are older and Chris takes them all hunting, we can get together for some non-animated chic flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment