Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, May 18, 2012

Can I get an 'Amen?'

Today was full!  Daniel had his last day of PK4.  It was a great year for him, but the last five weeks have been pretty tough.  He's cried everyday since Springbreak.  Most days the tears cleared up quickly, but some days they did not.  Chris and I tried hard to get to the root of the problem, but we never got a lot of explanation from him.  Needless to say, I am glad that I do not have to drop him off again for a few months!!

His class put on a singing program.  Yesterday, at the playground, he recited the whole program to me.  Sang every song...recited everyone's lines.  He was very excited.  Today...stage fright.  He shut down when he saw the crowd.  Ms. Tara had to carry him in and he watched the program from my lap.  

After the singing and diploma receiving (which he did with his eyes shut!), the crowd dispersed for cake and punch.  Sweet, outgoing Daniel was back.  Goofing off with his friends...hugging his teacher...etc.



For now, I just say 'amen' that both he and myself get a little break from the stress of school.

After his program, we came home.  I enjoyed a little quiet time with just Daniel before I had to go to St. Paul's to read to Philip's class.  His classmates were so cute and talkative.  When my time was up, Philip's eyes filled with tears.  Oh no...another that doesn't want to leave his mother!!  Miss Cotton assured me that there was no instructional time left, so I brought him on home with me.

By now, the stress had accumulated.  I needed fresh air...needed to celebrate this first step in beginning summer vacation.  I offered a trip to the Eastern Shore Centre to play in the fountains.  I think Daniel was back downstairs dressed in his bathing suit before I completed my sentence!

The boys had a blast...even the littlest.  GranGran and I enjoyed watching them play.





Hello, summer, we've missed you!!  So glad you have returned.

PS - stay tuned for some breaking news from JohnJohn...there are first steps involved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment