Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On Being a Mother

Mother's Day is quickly becoming my favorite holiday.  You see, Chris and I are not gift people.  We don't exchange gifts on birthdays, anniversaries, and even Christmas.  There was no baby bling or pushing prize in this house.  We are extremely practical people and just aren't great gift givers.

But Mother's Day is different.  Teachers today really do a great job having their students remember Mom.  And what's a better gift than something your child has made just for you!

On Friday, I attended Daniel's Mother's Day tea.  I received a hat...


and a delicious ladies lunch!  He even painted me this canvas...


But my favorite was the series of questions that he answered about his Mom.  They are too cute not to share.  (His answers are underlined.)

My Mom is 56 years old.
I like to call mom Mommy.
Our favorite thing to do together is water the plants.
She is 90 feet tall and weighs 89 pounds.
She is made of blood, bones, and Jesus.
My mom loves to cook.
My mom always says I love you.
Her favorite food is broccoli.
I wish my mom would play outside with me everyday.
When I am at school, my mom goes shopping.
I wouldn't trade my mom for all the Legos in the world.

Blood, bones, and Jesus!  That Daniel can be so beyond his years!  Sunday morning Philip presented me with a card (which among other things declared that I was 'bootifl') and a adorable bird house that he painted.  William also came home with a precious  handmade card.  Best gifts ever!!

Hands down, my boys are the greatest gift that I have ever been given.  (No offense, Chris, you are still my favorite, but I don't think of you as a gift.  You were the best decision I ever made!)  Truly it's all I have ever wanted to do and I feel so fortunate that I am able to raise them.  Even on those days when life feels a little crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing over sweet Daniel's answers. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad that Stephen thinks I'm 42 and go to bed at 8:00. Love the hat! I need some quality time with my Gill boys and their mommy.

    ReplyDelete