I talked to friend this morning who lamented that on her first day of summer her girls woke her up by jumping on her bed at 8:00 am. I wanted to say (but didn't): dear friend, we had already accomplished so much by then! What can I say, the boys are early risers just like their parents.
My first morning with no carpools and I still rose at 5:00 am. Got the pot of steel cut oats cooking so I could slip out for a run when Chris returned home from his. Back home from a good 30 minute run at 6:15 am to find all four boys awake! Good thing breakfast was ready!
When Chris left for work at 7:00 am, we all headed outside. It reminded me of another friend who used to call me in the summer around this time. She claimed it was the best time because she knew the boys and I would be outside and her teenage boys were still fast asleep!
In the summer, outside time has to happen early. By 9:00 am, the sun has made it over the trees and my backyard begins baking. It continues to do so until 4:15 pm. I love being outside and truly don't mind the heat, but I really need shade to be comfortable. So out we go early.
I had a ball watching the boys play happily! I enjoyed my coffee and perusing some kitchen design magazines.
Early morning outside time sets our day in the right direction. Energy is out and once we return indoors, we are ready to sit and play calmly and quietly with something. Or take a nap as this one obviously needed...
I love summer!!!!!!
Love the p.j. pictures. We put "have a pajama day" on our summer to do list.
ReplyDelete