Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, June 4, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Well I haven't written in over a week because we really have not been up to much. After our pool party last Tuesday, I continued to battle a little stomach bug that wouldn't go away. So we spent the rest of the week in the house. Besides not feeling well, it was really kind of fun!

We built everything with the Legos: the fire station, multiple fire trucks, bulldozer, steam roller, dump truck, fire helicopter, police boat, etc. We built it all!! We spent days in our pjs...a great start to a slow summer!
Memorial Day weekend was relaxing...again not much going on for us. The highlights were:
  • a Saturday visit to Cameron and Heather's new house...so happy to have them in Mobile
  • Sunday dinner with Dee, PawPaw, Cameron, Heather, and GrandAnn at the Gill's
  • a Monday morning run with two strollers...it was Chris' 30 minute course...took us 40 minutes!!
  • time in the backyard pool with Daddy for the two big boys
  • a Memorial Day barbecue with Cameron and Heather

I didn't take a single picture over the weekend so you'll have to trust me that a good time was had by all.

Tuesday morning brought the beginning of two weeks worth of swimming lessons. Philip loved swimming lessons last year, so I thought this would be easy for him. Daniel is a little afraid of the water, so I expected more trouble from him.

It was the opposite! Philip cried...didn't want to leave me. Daniel was really okay until he saw Philip upset. I left them both crying and prayed (for their teacher's sake) that they calmed down. When I got back, they were fine!

The next day brought even more drama. Despite the fact that they told me swimming lessons was their favorite part of the day on Tuesday, they cried, kicked, screamed, etc. when I left. I returned to see Philip happily swimming the short length of the pool and Daniel in the deep end by himself "swimming" to the ladder.

We have five more days of this...hope it gets easier!

Yesterday we had Pape over to play after swimming lessons. Pape is Philip's friend from school. He can be high energy at times (as can all four year old boys), but I have found him to be a polite, considerate little boy. He, Philip, and Daniel had a ball playing yesterday. They started with Legos...

and then headed outside to play in the pool. Even Roxy got in on the fun!

Today begins a week of visiting with cousins. Meredith arrives today and then the Watson clan tomorrow. We are so excited to have this time to visit with all of them. I'll be back with more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment