taken young children out to eat?
Chris and I rarely take the boys out to eat. If I don't feel like cooking, one of us picks something up and brings it home. Occasionally, very occasionally, we get brave and decide to go out as a family. When I say go out, it is Mexican, pizza, or a sandwich shop. Very quick...very loud places. We generally regret it before the food arrives and swear off eating out again.
Now, I do go out to eat once a week with children. My mom does not drive, and so we generally spend a day together running errands and having lunch. With Philip in school all week and Daniel in school three days, many of these lunches involve just William. Very doable.
Well today, GranGran decided it was time for a Cracker Barrel trip. After taking all three to the Dillard's china department (another adventure, trust me), we headed to the CB for pancakes. I relayed our trip to Chris who suggested it was great blog material.
Here's what we learned...
CB syrup bottles are glass and yes they will break when they hit the floor. Quite loud...quite messy.
Kid's cups will spill everywhere when held by the lid. The five year old did that one! (Reminds me of my brother telling me their rule when eating out several years ago...someone's drink will always hit the floor.)
Mama knows best. The waitress argued with me when I ordered 4 pancakes for 3 boys. She insisted that they could not eat it all. I assured her they could. She still only brought three pancakes. Before I couuld finished cutting up Daniel and William's pancakes, Philip had devoured his pancake and two pieces of GranGran's bacon. I still had to order that 4th pancake AND give Daniel one of mine! These boys can put down some CB pancakes!!
Between cleaning up spills, cutting up food, several trips to the bathroom, I barely had time to wolf down my food before the troops got restless. Eating out with three little boys is not for the weak!
And so, I leave you with a picture of three angelic little boys. Great at home...just don't take them out to eat!!
No comments:
Post a Comment