Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Week's Worth of Fun

This week has been a busy one...one I have tried to be extremely organized for in order to accomplish everything.



On Sunday, Philip's class preform during the Sunday service at his school. I got the boys to Sunday School at Trinity and then we quickly turned around to make it to Westminister for the performance.



Philip did great...displayed such self control. Stood there with his hands behind his back and singing the whole time. No fidgeting at all!



(It's kind of like Where's Waldo, I know. I didn't bring my camera because I thought we wouldn't be able to take pictures in the sanctuary. Turns out we could, so I had Chris take one with his cell phone!)

The boys and I have been busy baking in the kitchen.


We made 8 chocolate pound cakes for teachers and friends. We also made 4 dozen sugar cookies for both Philip and Daniel's school Christmas parties. I have to admit that one afternoon I told Daniel and Philip that I was going to make some pound cakes and asked if they wanted to help. They looked at me and said, "no, we're going to play Legos." Happy that they play so well together and that they love their Legos, but I was a little heartbroken! (William did wake up from his nap early and so he sat "up high" with me and baked!)

On Wednesday, we joined several families from our church at Bellingrath to see the Christmas lights. Philip and Daniel were a little whiny...too close to bedtime...but we had fun walking around and spending time with friends.


Thursday brought Philip's last day of school and his Christmas party. His teacher assured me that it was alright to bring his brothers, so we all went to join in the fun. They ate lunch (and when a seat next to Philip remained open, Ms. Tara told Daniel to join in!)...

decorated the cookies we made, made reindeer food for Christmas Eve...



and exchanged gifts. It was a lot of fun to see Philip in his element and to see his love for his brothers shine through...even in front of his friends!




On Friday, Daniel had his Christmas party. Much more low key than Philip's...but still a good time had by all.



I loved watching William walk in the room...head for some toys...and then come to me with a big smile on his face. He points to Daniel sitting at the table eating lunch and says, "Mama, look." Kind of like, who knew he'd be here!


I am thrilled that the boys are out of school. I have a lot more baking and gift making planned for next week, so here's hoping they'll take a break from Legos and join me!

2 comments:

  1. Just read this post and Caroline's posts. You guys are my heroines. I know its not effortless, but you sure you do make it seem that way. I hope that Shawn and I can mimic at least a little of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth, but the truth is there are lots of ugly moments that simply aren't worth blogging about! I write to remember and those are memories I think I'll block out! You and Shawn are going to be great parents. Can't wait to see the little one this spring!!!

    ReplyDelete