We have a song in the atrium that reminds the children which color goes with what season. So recently around here, we have been singing "purple's for preparation..." as we prepare for Christmas.
Over the weekend, we did a little preparing. Friday night was spent at the North Pole Stroll. We visited Whoville, sat in Santa's lap,
had refreshments...
listened to stories by Ms. Val and wrote letters to Santa.
It was a fun night out as a family!
On Saturday, we got our tree. The boys loved decorating it! We lost a few ornaments along the way, but overall it was another good family time!
As for our Advent preparations, we have been lighting our Advent wreath and talking lots about the "reason for the season." I love this time of the year in the atrium...our Advent lessons are some of the best. We spend a lot of time discussing the prophecies.
It is really interesting to see the children mature since we teach a group of 3-6 year olds. I have given the prophecy of light ("The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light.") to my preschool three year olds and they are yet to make the connection between Jesus and the light. As catechist, we never make the connection for them.
However, Philip (being in his second year) totally gets that the light is Christ. The other morning, he and Chris were snuggling in bed. Philip pointed out that the light was coming through the window (thus meaning he could get up!). Chris asked him what that light was...thinking he would respond with "the sun." Philip quickly said, "Jesus." Wow...
It is cold down here. As I write, my toes are freezing and I'm wearing wool socks. I think I may have to buck up and build my own fire in the fireplace before Chris gets home. This old house just won't warm up!
No comments:
Post a Comment