Training went well. It was different this year because the anxiety of how the program actually works was relieved by a year of experience in the atrium. I learned a lot. The most important thing I learned is that I have a lot left to learn!! I realized how little I know about the Bible. The other, older women in training (and the trainers) impressed me with their knowledge and inspired me to take the time to learn more.
Training was also different this year in that I got really sick in the middle of the week! My sweet Mom helped out (as did Chris) and I only missed part of one day.
I can't wait to get back in the atrium this fall. It will be really special because Daniel will be joining Philip and I in the level one atrium! He is so excited! So funny how he already knows the songs. He even has picked up on some of the content. He's very quick to tell you that "green is for the growing time" and "purple is for preparation!" Philip is also very excited about teaching him things. Could get interesting...
The week ended with a visit from my cousin and godmother, Caroline and her two children, Lauren and Daniel. It was so good to see them! Lauren is a sweet, beautiful young girl who had quite the way with little William.
Too bad she doesn't live next door! Philip and Daniel hit it off quickly. They spent most of the time playing Legos in Philip's room. Caroline and I had plenty of time to catch up. Despite our infrequent visits, there wasn't much filler talk. We spent most of the time discussing raising children and family!
We, of course, gathered for a picture before their departure!
This morning brought a visit to my friend, Caroline, and her family. They were staying "over the bay" so we headed that way to swim and play.
We had a blast being with all of her clan. They are a precious family, and Chris and I feel so fortunate to call them friends.
To say we are tired is an understatement. There were many meltdowns at bedtime tonight. I hope my little guys get some good rest. We are gearing up for a special three year old birthday on Tuesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment