I love this picture...

It's Chris holding newborn Philip. Chris has only been a father for a few hours and you can tell it suits him. His smile is bigger than I have ever seen it.
Oh, how lucky the boys and I are. Chris is one of the hardest working men I know. He puts in many hours at the office, but always comes in ready to play. I complain about not getting down time, but sometimes I (secretly) think he's got it worse. His weekends are full of making up for lost time...baseball in the yard, movies on the couch, Legos upstairs...if they ask, he's ready.
He disciplines without losing his temper. He teaches without being overbearing. He loves without conditions. He usually defers to me when it comes to parenting issues, but again I (secretly) think he knows best.
Being a parent is tough work, but I can not imagine sharing the journey with anyone else. Thanks, Chris, for the love and support you have given us these past four and a half years! You're simply the best!!
Now for our Father's Day wrap-up. I have to share the "project" Philip and Daniel did for their dad. A college friend owns a stationery business called Pink Peppermint Paper. She blogs here. I found this freebie on her website and had to try it out.
On it she asks several questions to be answered by a child regarding their father. I have to share our answers...Philip's are first, Daniel's next...
What is Daddy's name: CHRIS, CHRISTOPHER
What does Daddy like to do: PLAY WITH US, PLAY TRAIN TRACKS
What does Daddy do for fun: PLAY WITH US, PLAY ON THE BEACH
What does Daddy do at work: MAKE MONEY, EAT
What is Daddy's hair like: KIND OF LIKE MINES, LIKE PHILIP'S
How much does Daddy weigh: 15 POUNDS, 20 POUNDS
What are his favorite things to eat: APPLES, STRAWBERRIES
What does he like to drink: MILK, COFFEE
What makes Daddy the best: ME AND DANIEL, ME
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy: PLAY LEGOS, GET SOME DADDY LOVE
How old is Daddy: 14 YEARS, 1 YEAR
How long have you known Daddy: WHOA...MAYBE 14 YEARS, 20 YEARS
Where did you and Daddy meet: AT HOME, I DON'T KNOW
It was so much fun to ask the boys these questions separately and hear their answers!! I hope Chris enjoyed it as much as I did.
We made him blueberry muffins and fresh cantalope (his request!) for breakfast. After church, we began getting ready for our guests. We had Dee, PawPaw, Cameron, and Heather over for a Father's Day dinner. Lots of fun...no pictures though!
Thanks, Chris, for being the best! We love you!!
Love the new look and your sweet tribute to your wonderful husband. Thanks for being our friends and for coming to play on Saturday.
ReplyDelete