Remember last year's Worm Day?? Today, we were devoted to camping out and the great outdoors. It's a shame I didn't check the weather!
We started by pitching the tent. Philip and Daniel helped...I was quite proud of myself for doing it without having Chris' help.
The boys and I gathered inside and read some camping out stories...Curious George goes Camping and What a Trip, Amber Brown. After a little reading, I looked over and noticed that I wasn't the only one drenched in sweat. The boys were past looking red...they looked purple.
Now I do not like saying the word "hot" in front of them. I want them to love the outdoors and do not want to give them an excuse to come inside. However, them looking purple was quite scary. I suggested we head inside for a little a/c and cold ice water.
So we got started on our trail mix.
We didn't use a recipe...just dumped in peanuts, raisins, craisins, dried bananas, and m&ms.
The boys were helpful and loved this new snack.
When William woke up, we headed out on our nature walk. Philip and Daniel rode bikes while William cruised in the stroller.
I gave Philip and Daniel a list with four items to look for. Luckily, we have a large wooded park right in our neighborhood for us to use. The boys enjoyed walking through the park looking for the items on their list.
Again, it was quite hot, so we headed home for a rest. I grilled hot dogs for lunch and although we had planned to eat in the tent, it was simply too hot. (The heat index is 103.)
After lunch, we had one more project...dessert! We roasted...actually grilled...marshmallows and made S'mores.
The boys had never had one before. I think everyone liked it.
A fun day by all measures...next time though we'll wait until it cools down!!
No comments:
Post a Comment