Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Disney World Trip

We woke the boys early Friday morning with the news, "We are going to Disney World." We got about what we expected, "huh?" No, they were familiar with the place, but they really had no idea what that meant.

After an uneventful trip down, we checked into the Carribean Beach Resort and headed to Epcot. We chose Epcot first because we knew it had the least to offer little people and we only had a few hours.


At Epcot, the highlight was the big aquarium. All three love looking at the fish!


We rode a few rides and watched a few shows. After dinner and a few pictures...


we headed back to the hotel.

Day Two: Magic Kingdom

The boys waiting for the bus in their "Mickey" t-shirts


Okay, Saturday in the Magic Kindom may not have been the best idea. The crowds were horrible. We did manage to get on a few rides. The boys loved the Buzz Lightyear adventure, the go-carts, and the PeopleMover in Tomorrowland, and the teacups. Really, that's about all we got to before lunch.


After a lunch break and the only quasi-successful nap for Daniel and William, we headed back to the parks. We got stuck in a massive parade and again huge crowds. We made it to Dumbo and waited there to ride. Quite magically, the fireworks began in full force as we rode in the sky in our Dumbo "car." Really cool!


William loved the fireworks. Chris held him as he gazed up at the sky saying, "oh, Daddy." For days after, he would say over and over again, "hot, down." His own interpretation of the fireworks. The big boys did not like the fireworks and were then ready to go home after that!

I hate to say that there was at least half of the Magic Kingdom that we never saw!

Day Three: Hollywood Studios

On Sunday morning, Chris and I began seeing some signs of exhaustion! At breakfast, William was fussy and Daniel was saying he wanted to go back to bed. I sent Philip and Chris to the park while William, Daniel, and I tried to lay down for a morning nap. No nap ensued, and so after a little quiet time we too headed to Hollywood Studios.

After meeting up with Chris, I handed William over. I had been carrying him and the backpack and was quite tired. Within two minutes of giving him to Chris, William threw up all over himself, Chris, and the streets of Hollywood! Chris and William went back to the room...the boys and I stayed at the park.

We rushed over to the Indiana Jones show and watched most of it before Daniel demanded a potty break! We then walked around looking for a ride or show. Everything I suggested, the boys vetoed. So finally, I gave in to the one thing they were wanting...


They got to build their own lightsaber at the Star Wars gift shop! Our neighbor returned from Disney World last Thanksgiving and brought his lightsaber over to our house. Ever since then, my boys have associated DW with building your own lightsaber! They were thrilled!!

I treated them to lunch at the Sci-Fi theater where we were able to sit in our own car and watch movies while we ate. They loved it!


Back to the hotel we went to check on William and Daddy. After a little rest, Chris and I traded off. He took the boys to Downtown Disney while I stayed back with William. They loved all the Lego sculptures!


Day Four: Animal Kingdom

By Monday, we were beginning to fall apart. The boys were, sadly enough, ready to go home. After a breakfast reservation mishap, I think we were all thinking about it. I got us in at the Tusker House for a breakfast buffet with Mickey and friends.

Chris and I left breakfast rejuvenated and ready to do some fun things. We had to work on the boys a little. They were so hesitant to do anything, but they had a blast once we forced the issue. They loved the safari and seeing all the animals...


We did a few other things and then the boys and I took a break for ice cream while Chris rode the new Mt. Everest roller coaster.


As we left Animal Kingdom, we stopped for our only family shot in front of the Tree of Life.

It was all in all a good trip, albiet an exhausting one! We are glad to be home and to have one more day out of school!!

2 comments:

  1. Now mommy needs a vacation. I'm tired just reading about all of the fun things y'all did. Love the pictures! ~ C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Caroline - you need a little vacation for yourself. And I don't think you look huge - I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete