You see, for this stay-at-home Mom, the telephone is what gets me through my sometimes long days. Some calls are quick..schedule a play date, organize a church event, plan Sunday School, check on a family member. Some calls are long...seeking advice over the latest developmental stage, sharing the joys of raising children, comparing recipes, or just chatting about the days events.
I have two special friends that I can always call upon for those "long" phone calls. Two people that have their hands full with small children too. So, it was Caroline and Mary Dawson that I was thinking of at that Junior League meeting. How lucky was I to have both in town this weekend!
On Saturday, we welcomed Caroline and her clan of four to a pancake breakfast. Chris (and William) did the cooking!
We had a blast playing and catching up. Breakfast is a fun time to get together because everyone is refreshed from a good night's sleep. The boys loved seeing baby Betsy.
For William, it was love at first sight. He wanted to hold her... a lot! He did great. It was a fun preview of the months ahead!
On Sunday, we had MD and her clan along with Susan and Rob for dinner. The kids had a ball running around the house. The sisters had fun catching up!
I feel blessed to have these special friends in my life. Their friendship is invaluable to me. It brings me much joy to see my children get to bond with theirs. Life is good!!
Thanks Anne! The sentiments are mutual. I apologize or all of my complaints yesterday, but it is nice to have someone to complain to. We had so much fun on Saturday. I love watching our little ones play and I particularly loved seeing William hold Betsy.
ReplyDelete