Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Joy of Boys

As a female that was raised in a house of mostly females and now lives with four males, I am sometimes overcome with the differences in males and females.

Seriously...how does an afternoon of Ring-Around-the-Rosie...


Hide and Go Seek...(which by the way is quite humorous to watch...Philip, who is never shy about his intellectual capabilities, loves to close his eyes and count to one hundred. He never misses a number. The only problem is Daniel hides and then gets terribly bored! He generally comes out of his hiding place long before Philip is done!)


Leap Frog...

and races...


turn into wrestling?? Happy wrestling...where no one gets hurt. Just lots of rolling around and giggling. Seriously, this is fun???


I won't pretend to understand it, but I have to admit that their energy and happiness rubs off on me.
It's also days like this when I feel a little bit confirmed in our decision to hold off on organized sports. So many of Philip and Daniel's friends are into soccer, t-ball, and basketball. I am thankful that for now our days are filled with silliness and huge blocks of time to decide for ourselves how to spend it!

1 comment:

  1. I only wish my boys lived down the street so they could join in on the fun. My favorite pictures are of the "happy wrestling!" Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. ~C

    ReplyDelete