It's early and the house is quiet. I am enjoying two things that I have not had in five days. Good coffee and some time alone. For that, I am thankful!
Eight years ago, Chris and I made a trip over Mardi Gras to Disney World...just the two of us. We stayed in the cheapest, in-park accomodations.
We had a blast. No schedules and just the two of us to weave through the park crowds. Racing to get to each ride. We did it all...rides, fireworks, nice dinners out, etc. We had a blast and even then dreamed about going back with our children one day.
Fast forward to now. Together we planned this trip kind of at the last moment. We were like little children...so excited to see the park through our boys eyes. We knew it would be different, but I am not sure we understood how different!
First, please know that we had a wonderful time. Read this post to see all the fun things that we got to do.
Now that that is said, I have to tell you that I lost a little Disney love on this trip. The crowds were horrible. I felt like we did a lot of hurrying up and waiting. So here are my Disney tips:
1. Do not take young children that still need a nap! You wind up with pictures like this...
2. When taking two or more children, spring for the suite with more than one room. Actually, the next time we go, I'm shooting for the villa. You'll see why in the next tip.
3. Skip on the meal plan. Our tummies couldn't handle all the eating out. Disney does offer lots of healthy options, and we tried most of those. Daniel and William even ate salmon one day! However, all the restuarant prepared food left us with stomach aches.
For me, next time will bring a villa with a kitchen. Of course, we'll still eat a meal or two out, but it sure would have been nice to have had a bowl of cereal and a PB and J a few days!
Plus, who needs dessert with every meal!
4. Don't go pregnant. Again, you wind up with pictures like these...
Wow, I look big! Plus, all that lugging around children and a baby in the tummy makes for hard work! I did use it for my benefit a few times...getting myself seats in the handicap section at the Indiana Jones show and seats on buses with standing room only!
On the ride down, Chris and I were already planning our trip back in four years. On the way home, we decided it may be six years!! Again, don't get me wrong, we had a good time, but it's a busy vacation and we are all quite the homebodies around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment