Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

Here's a favorite picture of my sweet Mom.  It's how you'll usually find her...with a grandchild in her arms!


Mom is probably the most selfless person I know.  Her mothering did not end when I left her house.  She is still there for me day in and day out.  We talk daily...we run errands at least weekly together and have lunch.  She is not bothered by the company that I bring...even if their behavior leaves little to be desired.  She listens like no other soul on this earth...she never interrupts...never passes judgment...rarely gives advice...just listens.  There are so many of her qualities that I aspire to attain as a mother, and I feel so fortunate to have such a fabulous role model!  I love you, Mom...and so do my three little boys!

As for my Mother's Day, it was perfect.  Chris and I made waffles and smoothies in peace while Philip and Daniel played Legos and William slept in.  When William woke up, he gave me my Mother's Day present...vaccuming the house!


After church, the big boys and I went to wish GranGran a Happy Mother's Day.  We were fortunate enough to get to visit with the McCall cousins for a short while too!  We concluded with a family dinner and celebration of another great mother (Dee!) at Cameron and Heather's house.


We sure did enjoy their new covered porch...Cameron did a great job!

It was a busy day, but a good one.  I thanked the boys (including Chris) many times for making a mom.  It is by far the best job I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment