Up To The Gills

Up To The Gills

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Wait, therefore, I Sew

Since the baby has not decided to show its face yet, I have been busy at my sewing machine.  With Chris working late nights and my inability to sleep right now, I feel like I have gotten a lot accomplished since finishing the Easter outfits.  In fact, Chris wandered downstairs the other morning at 5:15 and told me that the baby better come soon or my machine my die!

So, what have I accomplished...

a coming home gown for the baby if it is a boy (the girl gown has been in waiting for six years!)


a gift for a friend


lots of shorts and t-shirts for Daniel


What you won't see is anything for Philip!  A month or two ago, I made him a couple of shirts and a few pair of shorts.  I consulted him on fabric, appliques, etc.  Unfortunately, they have sat in his drawer unworn.  I'm okay with him outgrowing my sewing...especially since I have three more to sew for.  It is a sad reminder, though, that my days of sewing for them are finite.

Daniel made it all worthwhile today.  When he came home from school and saw all of his new clothes, washed and put in his drawers, he said to me, "Thank you, Mama, for making me those shirts.  I love them!"

I still have plenty on my list to do, so while #4 continues to stay put, I will continue to make progress!  I know from experience that my machine will be quite lonely after the baby's arrival!

1 comment:

  1. Jack loves his new onesie and I love your little outfits for Daniel.

    ReplyDelete