Chris and I have been joking about my trip to the "spa" (aka hospital) for months. I have to admit that it was a good one!
Chris and I arrived at the hospital early Wednesday morning for a scheduled induction. Labor and delivery was running behind, so we had to wait for about an hour. With all the paperwork done, the petocin was started at about 7:00 am. Sweet little John was here in a little over three hours!
After I was settled in my room, Chris returned home to be with the "big" boys. He brought them all up for a visit after William's nap. We didn't want to tell the boys the gender of the baby until we were together as a family, but smart Philip overheard Daddy refer to the baby as a "he". He immediately called him out on it!
Other than Chris and the boys, my visitors consisted of family.
I was very thankful to not have too many visitors. Recovery was easy this time, but I was very intentional about getting my rest and spending precious quality time with John. He spent all day Thursday in the room with me. We snuggled and took numerous naps together. I soaked up every minute...knowing that those opportunities would be few and far between when we arrived home!
On Friday, Chris and Philip came to bring us home. Philip had his PK-4 graduation (yes, I getting teary knowing I missed it, but Chris videoed it for me!) beforehand. Discharge was a little slow, so we ordered lunch. Finally, it was time to leave!
We went straight from the hospital to pick Daniel and William up from school...then home together as a family!
No comments:
Post a Comment