On Sunday, we took a stroller/bike ride. John liked the sunshine and found his thumb on the way!
Father Matthew and Preston came to give John a special blesing.
Once Chris went back to work, we spent most of our mornings outside. I am so thankful for the beautiful weather. I spent countless hours ouside with little boys and their wild imaginations. We rode bikes, swang, climbed, and planned forts that we wanted to build in the future!
We also fell back in love with our game closet. We played countless rounds of Candyland, Zingo, Trouble, and others. When my hands were full, the boys would play alone or entice company to play along!
We also fell back in love with books. William sat at my feet with piles of books while I nursed baby John. The boys and I spent lots of time in my bed reading while the little guys napped. Philip even read to John while I tended to some housework.
It's funny, but the boys haven't asked to watch cartoons, movies, or play on the computer. In a wierd way, I think I have been more available to them than before John's birth. I have no expectations of accomplishing anything for myself and I don't have to cook (thanks friends!), so my attention has been given completely to them. I hope that has made the transition easier for them. I know that I'll look back on these simple, yet busy days and smile. Good memories being made!
No comments:
Post a Comment